Saturday, April 14, 2007

CIA and massoneria

I have the impression that films of social and political commitment are recently increasing. I like this because this is my favourite genre. There seems to be less sentimentalism at the cinema and more attention to public social problems.
Today another film by Robert De Niro was presented and it is about CIA and its unofficial tricky games. I heard also that he compared CIA to Italian Loggia Massonica. This is not correct and the difference is big: CIA works for the US govenment, while Loggia Massonica began to organize a sort of coup d'état against Italian institutions. Loggia Massonica and Massoneria were condamned by the Italian Republic. This does not exclude, though, that some politicians of the Italian goverment and Parliament supported the Massoneria. I say this because I like these topics and not to criticize Robert De Niro who just vaguely began to study this comparison. And I hope films with similar topics will continue to be produced.
One more thing: I am in USA and I see many 'Masonry' buildings here with the usual symbols of the triangle, the eye, the compasses. When I arrived here I was surprised to see Masonry buildings as if it were a legal organization. In Italy if you say that you belong to the 'Massoneria' you risk prison, since it is a forbidden organization which acted in the past against the law. But in USA it is legal and it does not need to hide.
In Italy a law says that secret organizations cannot exist and Massoneria was one which tried to subvert the legal institutions. In USA Masonry seems to be a legal organization which has not problems with justice, while CIA is a secret organization but it seems to be perfectly in harmony with the official power of the White House.