Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gentilini's speech in Venice

The article copied below is taken from 'La Tribuna di Treviso' of September 17, 2008 and deals with Gentilini's speech at the Lega Nord Meeting in Venice on September 14, 2008.
Gentilini is the Vice-Mayor of Treviso.
His speech is written in the square 'Così parlò il vicesindaco'.
I translated it because it is worth letting foreigners know how racist a part of our political leadership is.



"People of the Lega Nord! The Lega woke up. Rome's walls are falling down, attacked by the Lega's weapons. My word is revolution. This is Gentilini's Gospel, the Decalogue of the first Sheriff-Mayor. I want a revolution against aliens, I want a revolution against nomads' and gypsies' camps. I destroyed two of them in Treviso. And now none is left, not even One. I want to get rid of the children who rob our old people. If Maroni [a minister of Berlusconi's government] says 'No tolerance', I want a double 'No tolerance'. I want a revolution against the TV and the newspapers criticizing the Lega. I will buy some plugs to shut their mouths and stuff their a... I want to see them no longer. I want a revolution against prostitutes. They must pay their taxes, too. Everybody pays taxes; they must pay, too. I want a revolution against those who want to open Islamic centers and mosques, including the church hierarchies who want to let them pray. No! They must go and pray in the deserts. I will open a factory of carpets and give them carpets, but they must go and pray in the deserts. Enough! I wrote to the Pope, too: Muslims must go back to their countries. I want a revolution against the courts of justice. Laws must be applied by Veneto judges. I want a revolution against those who want to give our old people's money to their foreign assistants. It is our money and I want it for myself. This is Gentilini's Gospel: all for us and only what is left for others. But nothing will be left. I want a revolution against the phone centers where people eat at night and piss on the walls. Let them piss in their mosques! I want a revolution against women's burqas and veils. I want to see a woman in her face, because behind the veil there may be a terrorist keeping a gun between his legs. Why don't they show their umbilicus instead? I wrote the President of the Republic that they should reward the usher who stopped the Muslim woman at the door of Ca' Rezzonico museum.
I want a revolution against those who say that we must eat Naples' rubbish. I will get it and grind it and then give it back to them because they produced it. I can't bear it. I want a revolution against those who want to give the foreigners the right to vote. I do not want to see black, brown, grey people teaching our children. What could they teach? The desert's civilization? Voting is just for us. I need the Lega's people. These are the words of Gentilini's Gospel. I need you. Keep close. I do not want to see these people walking around all day and night. I hug you. Up with Lega!"